About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Transportation Finance manages the expenses associated with moving Gap Inc.’s product from origin to stores. This role will primarily be responsible for global international inbound air freight and brokerage. This role will participate in the team’s forecast, month-end close, annual budget, ad hoc projects and reporting. The successful candidate will have strong skills in the areas of accounting, finance, and financial reporting. They will also have strong written and oral communication skills and can develop effective relationships with business partners across the organization at various levels of leadership. This position reports to the senior manager of Transportation Finance, and into the broader Global Supply Chain finance team.
What you'll do
- Complete monthly forecast, close and annual budget for areas of responsibility, and participate in monthly roundtable meetings with business partners.
- Own global international air freight and brokerage expenses
- Participate in rebuild of forecast and budget models in order to achieve accuracy and efficiency, while maintaining low levels of detail
- Participate in and support annual RFP process to lock air freight pricing for the Company
- Evaluate current processes, tools and reporting to improve accuracy, drive efficiencies, and incorporate new concepts.
- Partner with brands and accounting business partners to inform freight costing initiatives
- Display a deep understanding of trend margin costing and how areas of ownership impact margin
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field with 3+ years of experience, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility, with focus on budgeting, forecasting, closing, and reporting
Established knowledge of accounting/financial principles and theory
Proven analytical ability, financial modeling and creative problem solving skills
Proven ability to maintain composure and professional maturity in a stressful environment, drawing from strengths in interpersonal and communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work independently, juggle and prioritize multiple tasks, and adapt to an ever evolving, fast paced environment
Strong ability to work with large volumes of data and shift focus as needed from granular data mining to recapping findings at an executive level
Oracle and Essbase experience a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs