About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The senior social media manager will play a critical role in helping shape the Gap Inc. narrative internally and externally, and will own managing reputational risk for the Gap Inc. portfolio of brands – Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Janie and Jack, Intermix. We’re looking for someone who is lives and breathes social media strategy, trends, and brand voice, and has a high degree of expertise in analyzing external conversations to inform strategic planning and crisis response.
What you'll do
- Partner with Director to develop and implement content strategy and own monthly editorial calendar.
- Develop and execute evergreen and short-term campaigns across all platforms in partnership with appropriate partners and creative resources.
- Monitor all social media activity and manage negative conversations across all platforms for the Gap Inc. portfolio of brands using social listening tool.
- Own social media crisis protocol and partner with relevant teams to continue to evolve crisis protocol to meet business needs.
- Use crisis thresholds to escalate negative conversations to appropriate partners and develop plan of action – serving as the point person during moments of reputational risk to the business.
- Develop real-time crisis response plans and messaging in partnership with appropriate partners. Own social media guidelines for employees and update as necessary.
- Own reputation monitoring response strategy for all brands on Glassdoor and Indeed in partnership with media agency.
Who you are
BA/BS or A.A. degree in Communications, Marketing or Advertising or equivalent.
8-10 years of relevant experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
In-depth knowledge of social media strategy, content development, listening platforms, best practices and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
Experience with Brand Watch platform, a plus.
Experience in managing crisis for large, global brands.
Can effectively collaborate and build relationships with key business partners across multiple brands.
Strong analytical skills and ability to draw insights from data.
Able to work well under tight deadlines and effectively manage high-pressure issues and crisis situations.
Experience in content development and writing.
Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs