About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
OldNavy builds an engaging and inclusive online shopping experience throughphotography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions ofcustomers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Old Navy is afast-growing team located in San Francisco, focusing on fashion and productphotography, photo retouching, and video production. We are continuallyinnovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of thousandsof products across multiple marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating onbehalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries oftraditional e-commerce photography and videography. Old Navy is looking for anorganized, detail-oriented and enthusiastic photographer to join our team.
Old Navy is searching for an experienced and accomplished photographer toexecute and elevate specific categories of standardized photography with a highlevel of competence and proficiency as well as campaign focused photography.This candidate will report into and partner with the Associate Photography Directorin the areas of lighting, on-set direction, visual aesthetics, and technicalproblem-solving. They will troubleshoot on-set photography challengesdecisively and expertly execute the brand creative direction while articulatingrationale for decisions in support of on-brand vision. This role will improveprocesses for studio performance against operational metrics and budget whileholding and elevating the creative vision of the brand without sacrificingbrand creative and quality. In this role you will innovate ways to shoot newcategories or initiatives while following new processes and provide feedback toensure successful implementation.
What you'll do
- Produce the highestquality photography/video for all Old Navy product categories
- Partnervery closely with the Associate Photography Director to understand the seasonalvision and “big idea” per month. Execute photography and video assets tosupport that vision.
- Work in the studio under the direction of the Associate Photography Director both independently and alongside art directors and stylists capturing digital images of product while managing equipment maintenance
- Photograph ecommerce product on-figure with the ability to capture off-figure when needed
- Understandthe needs of each marketing vehicle and “best practices” to develop creativethat will have the greatest impact to the customer.
- Work closely with theAssociate Photography Director to identify new ways to shootphotography that will create agility and flexibility in the marketingpipeline.
- Responsible foraccurate completion of shot lists, file naming, processing and organization ofdigital files
- Upload digital files to all correct channels on a daily basis
- Ensuredaily workload is completed within SLA – raise red flags when in jeopardy,working with AssociatePhotography Director to resolve roadblocks.
- Proactively identify challenges in workflow or process and use critical thinking to provide the Associate Photography Director with potential solutions and ensure creation of all process documentation.
- Maintain consistently high standards for accuracy,aesthetics, and productivity
- Partner with manager, photographers, stylists, art directors, product coordinator and sample manager to ensure production expectations are met
- Build innovative processes with impact from theground up
- Help develop techniques and best practices for shooting newcategories/projects
- Maintain photographystyle guides for Old Navy’s photo studio
- Interact directly withOld Navy Studio teams to receive visual guidance and implement processimprovement
- Collect and analyzedata and testing solutions for process improvements and new initiatives
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree orequivalent in photography or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in hi-volume commercial fashion studio with professionally respected photographers
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a commercial fashion photographer
- Professionalphotography portfolio that demonstrates an expert-level knowledge of digitalphotography, including lighting, composition, color quality, and aesthetics
- Ability to work in aconstantly changing, fast paced, team player e-commerce setting
- Ability to communicateeffectively and collaborate with other team members
- Exceptional work ethicand attention to detail
- Is willing and able towork within On Figure and Off Figure studio needs based on volume and peaktimes within the broader studio environment
- Demonstrated ability tomanage high volumes of workflow including prioritization, planning, and taskdelegation under tight deadlines
- High-level proficiencywith the industry-standard software tools (Photo Shop and Capture One) andability to troubleshoot technical issues under pressure
- Proficiency with colormanagement policies
- High-level proficiencywith DSLR functionality (both still and video) as well as all standard studiolighting techniques and traditional grip practice
- Strong organizationalskills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously undertight deadlines
- Obsession withdelighting customers
- 5+ years of experience working as a Photographer for premium brandsand/or innovative branding firms
- Experience with marketing brand campaign, on figure product and lay down photography in all categories including sport photography
- Proven experience working with Art Directors, Stylists, Production, andfreelance talent
- In-depth skills and knowledge in all things related to photography andvideography
- Deep knowledge of a “Digital first” marketing approach, understandingthe needs of paid and social media and how to capture creative that best suitsthe requirements of success in those channels
- Clear understanding ofall stages of the photography process, and ability to provide direction to theteam to execute
- A change maker, a ground breaker, someone who challenges the status quoand can help us to move the brand forward
- A positive, motivating individual that can easily collaborate and workthrough confrontation in a solution-minded way
- Accustomed to the highintensity level of an e-commerce studio environment, and ability to thriveunder tight deadlines
- Self-driven and able toeffectively communicate creative ideas and collaborate in a multi-teamenvironment
- Quality focused andproven to be a quick problem solver to ensure productivity and time to marketstandards
- Ability to use industry experience and expertise to advocatefor the expansion of Old Navy’s photography capability, and for the adoption ofnew technologies
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs