About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position is part of the Gaptech Monitoring Platform team and is responsible for the design, build, deployment and support of monitoring frameworks for business-critical application environments. This individual will also perform as a member of the monitoring platform team to support the provisioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, integration and cost optimization of monitoring tools and its components that will enable our customers to effectively monitor their application or Infrastructure and measure the uptime. This role will also work with other team members and monitoring architect to recommend and design monitoring tools strategy.
What you'll do
- Design/Implementation/Integration Experience on Azure Monitors, New Relic, Splunk and Infrastructure Monitoring tool like Nagios
- Scripting Expertise on one or more languages like Python, Power Shell, Perl
- Integration experiences with Third Party Monitoring (Logs/Events Triggers), Ticketing (Events/Workflows Triggers), Orchestration/Automation (Events/Workflow Triggers) Tools
- Support solving complex performance issues, events correlation, resource optimization, tuning and/or triaging performance problems across on-premise and cloud environment
- Create guidelines and standard methodologies around Monitoring architecture including onboarding, migration and enhancement to future solutions
- Collaborate and work with other senior staff to recommend and design systems architecture and topology from both general and specific perspectives.
- Interact with IT Operation teams to communicate and understand the monitoring requirements and provide support on an on-call rotation model
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in IT.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in engineering and monitoring capacities.
- Experience with public cloud platforms – AZURE/OCI, etc. (Azure is preferred)
- Proficient understanding of Linux Fundamentals concepts and expertise in resolving complex issues
- Scripting experience, specifically with Bash/python/Ruby/Perl/PowerShell language and Experience with Chef / Ansible /Puppet
- Proficient knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, AD/LDAP and other core technologies such as Sendmail, NTP, TCP/IP, FCIP, iSCSI, SAN, NAS etc.
- Working experience on one or more Cloud Platforms like Azure, Oracle Cloud and working knowledge on Operating Systems like UNIX/Linux, Windows and Database technologies like Oracle, MongoDB
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs