About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position will be part of the Data Science Engineering team at Gap Inc, whose primary goals include building data products and infrastructure that support analytics and data-science at scale. With business users all across the company, the team works cross functionally to ensure reports, analytics, and models are supported by a stable, efficient, and accurate back-end.
What you'll do
- Partner with internal customers to understand business needs and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop, deploy, and support analytic data products, such as data marts, ETL’s (extract/transform/load), functions (in Python/SQL/Spark/R), and visualizations.
- Navigate various data sources and efficiently locate data in a complex data ecosystem.
- Work closely with our data scientists to ensure production models are built using a scalable back-end.
- Maintain and support deployed solutions and data products.
Who you are
- BA/BS in a technical or engineering field (Master’s preferred).
- 1-3 years of experience in a data engineering or full-stack data scientist role.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Solid programming foundations and proficiency with data related languages such as Python/Spark/R.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs