We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Associate Manager, Affiliate, Search & Display Marketing will support the Senior Manager of digital marketing in managing the retail affiliate marketing programs for Athleta and support search & display channels where needed. This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual to impact sales for one of the largest specialty apparel retailers in the world.
Athleta is a fast growing brand with continued focus on increasing awareness, driving new & existing customer purchases and engagement with the Athleta community. Based at our San Francisco headquarters, this job sits within the Athleta digital marketing team and will work cross-functionally with teams including, but not limited to, brand marketing, creative & editorial, product management, analytics, web merchandising, and our affiliate & media agencies. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, proactive & organized, a willingness to work within a highly matrixed organization, and possess a passion and curiosity for digital marketing, innovation & driving a fast growing business.
• Work with internal marketing teams to identify key moments we want to be present for across channels and develop plans to execute
• Manage relationships with affiliate agency and key publishers to identify media partnership opportunities
• Communicate business needs and goals to affiliate agencies and strategic affiliate partners
• Ensure best rates for media placements and commission-based programs to deliver strong returns
• Continually evaluate and test potential sources of high quality traffic and demand
• Partner with ecom merchandising & digital marketing team to identify business driving opportunities to push inventory where needed
• Partner with social media team on blog & infuencer content to drive storytelling through affiliate partners
• Manage and oversee reporting, identifying areas of opportunity and communicating key wins
• Responsible for assisting with budgeting, including monthly and quarterly forecast and close and ensuring programs are pacing correctly for each assigned brand
Who you are
• 2+ years direct response digital marketing, preferably at a multi-brand organization, agency, or vendor.
• Experience managing large affiliate marketing programs and helping to develop strategy
• Strong analytical skills and familiarity with Excel & PowerPoint as well as reporting tools including Omniture
• Ability to distill information from weekly reporting into an action plan
• Strong negotiation and communication skills with a talent for persuading business partners and publishers
• Work effectively in cross-functional teams including agencies, creative, production, digital marketing, legal, and finance.
• Ability to deal with change with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving.
• Willingness to work in a fun, fast-paced entrepreneurial atmosphere within the stable environment of the largest specialty apparel retailer in the United States.
• Retail and fashion industry experience preferred but not essential
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs