About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Director, Specialty Brand Communications will develop global strategic communications working across a portfolio of brands – Athleta, Banana Republic, Gap, Janie and Jack and Intermix. The director is responsible for translating business goals into 360 degree communications to employees, customers, and shareholders via internal and external channels. This director will own key business media relationships and be able to translate key financial announcements to business press strategies through keen positioning, business and brand management experience, including crisis communications. As such, this director should have a thorough degree of business acumen and understand broader communications and industry trends; and be able to shape stories that accurately reflect Gap Inc./Brand priorities, values and market position.
What you'll do
- Develop a global narrative, messaging, assets and campaigns to help employees embrace Gap brand vision, be product obsessed and customer centric and also promote the values of the brand including the work of Gap Foundation.
- Support HR in building a culture that is Fast Moving–Never Satisfied, Collaborative and Accountable.
- Set global strategy and manage planning for major meetings and events across the brand, to ensure a balanced and dynamic approach to reaching employees and consistency across audiences.
- Demonstrable project management skills, including ability to manage several campaigns and initiatives/events at once, prioritize, work under tight deadlines and pressure and deliver for multiple executives in various time zones and budget management.
Who you are
- 15 years’ proven track record in financial, corporate and/ or brand communications, inclusive of external and internal communications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or related field
- Experience in the fashion, retail or another consumer facing sectors
- Excellent written, verbal and advisory skills, including speech-writing experience
- Ability to manage and develop teams and work across various functions, including bicoastal direct reports
- Understanding of and experience using traditional and digital communications tools
- Willingness to work nights/weekends or to travel, as required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs