About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Assistant Designer, Print + Pattern, Womenswear is part of the Old Navy Global Design and Print & Pattern team.
Under general supervision, assists the Product Design Team in creating prints and wovens by utilizing a CAD system including but not limited to creating repeats, colorways and scale variations of purchased and original artwork. Work is reviewed by director.
What you'll do
- Produces and edits computer generated prints, wovens, and graphics in multiple colorways and sizes for use in development and presentation boards.
- Completes all technical activities for division.
- Develops relationship/partnership with stylist for each area, building a collaborative working relationship.
- Creates and maintains seasonal color palettes.
- Maintains an organized project identification system.
- Responsible for data back-up and computer/file storage to include creating seasonal back-up on another media (e.g., tape/CD).
- Performs departmental maintenance (e.g., daily upkeep of printers which can include paper and fabric printers) as needed.
- Prepares artwork package for production ready standards.
- Keeps abreast of current trends in CAD technologies.
- Works within annual departmental budget constraints.
- Constant interaction with product development team.
- Occasional interaction with outside computer vendors.
Who you are
- College level coursework in computer aided design or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years experience as a Textile Print Designer
- Strong computer skills, Nedgraphics required. Illustrator and PhotoShop, preferred.
- General knowledge of print and textile design.
- Good sense of color application.
- Works well under pressure.
- Basic PC knowledge required.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Team player with strong organizational and time management skills.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs