For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Merchandise Coordinator is Responsible for set-up and maintenance of the web site in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive positive topline financial results for Canada. The position is multifaceted and will work closely with and support the entire site merchandising team to deliver financial goals and provide the best customer experience.
What You’ll Do
What you'll do
- Manage product launches and execution of PDP (product pages) including edits on Copy, Photography and marketing flags (to call out online exclusives, etc). Will work with category owners to ensure product pages are live and accurate.
- Partner with the loc team on all product and category translation.
- As a leverage market, Partnering with US Merchandise Coordinators to ensure all changes are executed on the Canada website including deviation.
- Execute, manage, and maintain curated sorts and site merchandising in partnership with the site merchandising team.
- Partner with site marketing and production team to ensure flawless execution across the site and app including navigation maintenance.
- Understand the assortment strategy and investment to ensure a streamlined omni experience across channels to best serve our customers.
- Support Product Photography process, including shot requests with central studio team for Canada deviations.
- Support email strategy through approval of campaigns ensuring all products featured are live, sorted, and have a healthy inventory position.
- Ensure linking strategy is executed across site and all digital marketing including email
- Support team by preparing and maintaining the seasonal style list to allow pre-season tasks to be clearly grouped and managed. This includes styles & style/colors and outfits.
- Communicate changes in merchandise assortments and message to the appropriate members of the cross-functional team on a timely basis.
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories & styles.
- Work with web production to communicate system bugs and issues.
- Trouble shoots problems and influences resolution across multiple functions (Product Merchandising, Inventory Planning, IT, Marketing, Photo Studio).
- Own weekly, daily and or ad hoc reporting needs for areas of ownership and team
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years industry experience in ecommerce merchandising or buying
- You are open-minded and receptive of others' opinions.
- You’ve been known to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re computer and systems savvy; specifically, with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Strong eye for relevant and brand-appropriate product
- Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-through skills
- Collaborative leadership skills and ability to work with diverse partners
- Keen attention to detail and experience in Excel
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs