About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
In this role, you will leverage consumer insights, mill strategies, and key trends to drive fabric development, innovation, costing, and positioning. You will drive a ‘Fabric First’ mentality and strategy throughout the product-to-market process. You will also provide direction and thought partnership to internal Gap Inc teams in North America, as well as the Mill Management and Fabric Engineering teams in Asia based on cross-functional strategies.
What You'll Do
- Analyze fabric needs across the company Communicate recommendations to cross functional partners for leveraging qualities across divisions, taking into consideration and tracking all components of the fabric and wash resource library to support seasonal inspiration, as well as archive Gap Inc platformed fabrics
- Track Fabric development KPIs and brand discipline on number of seasonal developments and fabric testing reporting and risk assessment tool to level set expectations across functional areas
- Partner with Product Development and Merchandising to ensure that fabrics are within the V/G/B/B pricing architecture
- Identify fabrics that need to be cost engineered and communicate with the Mill management team
- Drive fabric process discipline throughout product to market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone from Mill Week to Fabric Alignment and Sampling
- Build cross functional partnerships and consensus; influence strategy for your division and team
Who You Are
- Strong experience with fabric constructions, dye techniques, finishes, and garment construction and manufacturing/sourcing processes
- Proven ability to influence and make decisions across geographies in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Sound knowledge of concepts and procedures specific to R&D and a basic understanding of the procedures across cross functional teams within design, production, tech design, merchandising quality assurance, sustainability, and sourcing
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $124,100 - $164,400 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs