Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
Seeking a Senior Designer of Adult Denim with an understanding of and enthusiasm for denim product and the Gap aesthetic. You are able to identify emerging trends and transform them into commercially successful women’s denim product for the target Gap customer. You have a passion for all denim categories, and you enjoy being part of a collaborative & creative design and cross functional team.
What You'll Do
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for developing the Adult denim line under the direction of the Snr. Denim Design Director, including jeans, denim shorts, denim apparel and outerwear.
- Responsible for managing the product design process from conception through final production.
- Conduct in depth seasonal competitive research on fabric, wash and fit. Prepare conceptual presentations with information and inspiration gathered from on- line research, vintage shopping, fabric sourcing, market and social media research. Provide style and line assortment recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts.
- Translate trend research into ideas for product designs through sketches using Adobe Illustrator, Miro, Photoshop, etc.
- Support Design Director and R&D wash team on seasonal wash development and preparation. Pull wash standards, build wash ranges, & assign wash targets to styles each season through line planning.
- Maintain overall creative direction following merchant line plans, & strategies and within assigned price points.
- Support preparation of seasonal presentations and work with cross functional partners to meet all calendar deadlines and milestones.
- Create and manage tech packs including detailed sketches, some garment construction, fabric, etc. Prepare trim packages to pass to Production.
- Work with technical designer & production partner to ensure design integrity and that design packages are complete and accurate.
- Manage fittings and work closely with tech team on sample execution.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to creatively solve problems throughout the product development process and adhere to cost challenges.
Who You Are
WHO YOU ARE:
- In-depth knowledge of Denim techniques and processes
- Strong knowledge of Denim fabrics and wash capabilities
- Current on technology and trend within the Denim landscape
- 7-10 years of design experience
- Minimum 4 years of management experience
- Extensive Technical Performance knowledge
- Excellent leadership/management skills
- Ability to set overall creative tone and lead creative design process
- Excellent sense of style and color
- Proven excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- BA in Fashion Design or Equivalent
- Understanding of merchandising and line plan assortment.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities and product focus.
- Collaborative, energetic, motivating, and willing to contribute to a team dynamic.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $104,100 - $137,900 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs