About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role you will be a part of the Banana Republic Franchise Brand Planning team that brings the financial strategy of our product vision to life for our Franchisees around the world. As Divisional Planner, you will help drive franchisee seasonal investments to hit wholesale and margin budget for the Women’s division through analysis of division/product performance across key accounts.
You are passionate about using your qualitative and quantitative skillset in a corporate fashion retail environment and find joy in identifying global market nuances. You are curious, innovative, and focused on executing an amazing customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. Strong analytical and storytelling skills will serve you well, and a collaborative mindset is a must.
This position will be based in NY HQ and will be part of the Gap Inc Franchise Product team, partnering with teams such as Franchise Merchandising, Account Management, Product Operations, Store Experience and Marketing as well as the Banana Republic Omni Planning team.
In addition, this role will be responsible for product wholesale pricing in effort to preserve franchisee and Gap Inc. margin.
What You'll Do
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by division and department
- Develop and communicate, in conjunction with Merchandising, comprehensive pre-season strategies that aligns to future financial product opportunities; while protecting key product attributes through franchise exclusives and market nuances, such as southern hemisphere seasonality and year-round hot markets
- Comfortable with presenting to multiple audiences (internal and external cross functional meetings, product level financials, and in-season performance to identify future risks and opportunities)
- Identify and set financial product benchmarks and guardrails at partner level each season
- Influence partner seasonal investments and sign off partner investments within seasonal investment reviews
- Develop processes and tools based on fast paced changing retail environment and Franchisee needs
- Build relationships with Franchisee and cross functional teams
Who You Are
- Must be comfortable in Excel (e.g. data manipulation and advanced formula knowledge), and be systems savvy
- Believe in the Power of Team; builds constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong business acumen and strategic agility, able to handle many projects simultaneously while effectively prioritizing workload
- Be a problem solver, not just problem spotter and work to drive toward solutions with speed, conviction and a blue-sky mentality
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years of merchandise planning/buying experience
- Experience in wholesale and consulting like roles is a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs