About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Corporate Controller’s Group is the central finance organization within Gap Inc. that is responsible for the several functions related to the financial reporting and close process, including SEC reporting. Through critical thinking, research and analysis, and partnership with the business, we support key financial decisions and the issuance of the financial statements for our company.
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for monthly close and preparation of management reporting and analysis. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organization skills, as well as analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
This role is based out of the Albuquerque office and requires you to be in the
office on an occasional basis for critical in-person meetings and/or job duties that cannot be performed remotely. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, as of September 7, 2021, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Prepare and perform analysis of monthly financial results at a total company and divisional level
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports that are delivered to key finance and accounting Business Partners and the CFO
- Calculate key metrics for monthly and quarterly external reports and provide information to External Reporting/Investor Relations for preparation of SEC filing and earning releases
- Work with Brand and Function Finance teams to understand business results and trends to achieve a timely close with accurate results
- Prepare schedules for external auditors and act as the internal reporting contact for questions that arise during the quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Provide accounting and reconciliation support for the company’s corporate debt holdings
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses to support the evaluation of business decisions and participate in a variety of special projects
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of relevant finance and accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred
- Corporate Reporting experience preferred (internal and/or external)
- CPA or certification in progress is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within tight deadlines
- Proven ability to perform analysis and present results in a clear and concise manner
- Drive for identifying process improvement opportunities
- Ability to build partnerships with finance teams throughout the company and with business partners at various levels
- Excellent organization and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of Oracle GL and Essbase Smartview a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs