About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
What You'll Do
The Pricing architect is a critical role accountable for the architecture of all capabilities for our multi-channel, cross-organization pricing platform.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with your Architecture, Product Management, Engineering and Technical Program Management peers to build the technology roadmap for the enterprise-wide Pricing & Promotion systems across all of Gap Inc.’s brands and markets.
In addition, you will institute the right processes and practices to ensure high availability of all your applications and services at scale, while contributing to your team’s technical roadmap in the Cloud.
You will be responsible for our pricing platform across all our brands, across multiple geographies, showcasing our products to millions of customers worldwide, making it fast, intuitive and rewarding to shop online!
This role reports to the Site and Digital architect in GapTech.
Who You Are
- Proof of concept work (Data/Domain entity modeling, schema design, database selection, performance test verification, cache selection, API contracts, AVRO/Kafka contracts)
- Integrate technology products and solutions with existing eCommerce, Stores, and Supply Chain technologies.
- Align the pricing platform stack with our data platform & data science initiatives
- Ensure data security commitments are met, including security public APIs
- Design and oversee solutions that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused across the portfolio
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs