About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operator plays a critical role in Gap Inc.’s Asset Protection strategy, “We enable purpose-led, billion-dollar businesses by protecting People, Assets, and Brands.” You will contribute to the GSOC & Crisis Management “Center of Excellence” by providing capabilities with a “Try Fast, Learn Fast, Think Big mentality.” You will perform as a subject matter expert by leveraging optimized resources to identify risk and deploy efforts to increase speed and efficiency. In addition, the GSOC Operator will participate in a data-led operation that enables the GSOC Center of Excellence to deploy better data management to provide forecasting, intelligence, and enhanced visibility to crucial data that show potential risk or impact to Gap Inc. assets.
The Global Security & Crisis Management “Center of Excellence,” located at Gap Inc. headquarters in San Francisco, Ca, serves as the focal point for the monitoring, risk analysis, and business continuity reporting intake for Gap Inc. Under the direction of the GSOC Supervisor and Sr. Manager of Global Security, the GSOC Operator executes the various core functions of the GSOC that includes, but are not limited to; Risk Event Identification/Escalation, Global Risk Intelligence Analysis, Emergency & Crisis Response, Supply Chain Security, Travel Security, and Physical Security. In addition, GSOC Operators act as business partners who work closely with teams across the Asset Protection organization and the wider business, serving as a critical business partner that enables our businesses.
What You'll Do
- Perform daily functions of the GSOC, including, but are not limited to: risk intelligence, incident/crisis response, emergency notification, supply chain resiliency, travel security, and physical security.
- Participate in the intelligence function by preparing and disseminating global risk intelligence products aimed at identifying and mitigating business risks
- Conduct regular monitoring of open-source intelligence, social media platforms, and internal specific intelligence-gathering tools for known and potential threats to employees, company assets, and reputation
- Monitor geopolitical events that may impact executive travel, company events, and operations, and provide periodic and timely reporting
- Manage and handle situations of a sensitive nature and maintain the company’s confidentiality and information security practices (medical record, personnel issues, investigations, public relations incidents, emergency personnel contact information, etc.)
- Manage and lead response efforts to life safety incidents (medical, safety, natural disasters, etc.) and coordinates the response of security officers, ERT, facilities, police, fire, and EMS personnel as required
- Responsible for answering routine and emergency calls, monitoring alarms and video equipment including fire alarms, door alarms, and duress alarms, and providing general assistance to employees, vendors, and guests
- Maintains various records of communications and events, including operational logs, daily shift checklists, handover reports, monthly safety and security audits checklists, and incident reports
Who You Are
- Must be competent and literate with computers and technology systems and platforms
- Must have the ability to communicate both written and orally, through superior communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment and make sound decisions
- Ability to analyze and think critically, sometimes under ambiguous circumstances
- Strong understanding and experience with video surveillance and physical access control systems
- Strong decision-making ability during both crisis and non-crisis situations
- Ability to think through problems for logical solutions and remain calm and professional under stress
- Ability to analyze problems, identify causes, and implement results-oriented solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management ability
- A professional demeanor, along with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs