About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
In this role, you will leverage your knowledge of the business to effectively execute and quickly adapt strategies to ensure operational excellence, merchandising execution, maximum productivity and profitable sales and earnings growth. You will drive high performance across all initiatives, and ensure consistency within your portfolio as measured by company goals and KPIs that drive a profitable portfolio. You will lead, develop, coach and inspire a portfolio of stores to deliver an optimal customer and employee experience. Your goal is to lead execution and support the brand and enterprise vision, ensuring your teams are delivering results and holding their teams accountable.
What You'll Do
- All leaders are expected to become experts of the brand's selling behaviors, leading and leveraging these behaviors with every customer who walks through our doors and allowing us to provide a exceptional customer experience.
- Drive profitable sales through effective business analysis; identifying financial opportunities and action plans to address current business challenges and deliver desired results
- Attract, develop and fuel a talent pipeline in support of the district, region and brand talent strategy
- Distinguish between customer segments, with differences in needs and approaches, and understand variances in profitability and value creation potential
- Maintain strong relationships and collaboration with peers, cross functional partners and Headquarter partners to leverage expertise in developing and executing strategies
- Responsible for quality of services and advice in meeting business partner needs
- Responsible for end results of team and shares responsibility over resources, budget and adherence to policies
Who You Are
- Leadership experience overseeing district, multi-unit or high volume business
- Strong business acumen and proven track record of leading, adjusting and developing business strategy to achieve profit & loss results
- Keen awareness of the marketplace inclusive of Gap Inc brands, external competitors and overall retail trends
- Ability to embrace challenges, take risks, learn fast and influence change to lead execution of strategic initiatives through others while managing competing priorities
- Able to travel overnight and/or between stores as required
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Understanding of concepts and procedures specific to own subject area
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs