About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
At Gap Inc., we are using technology as a competitive advantage to become the world’s #1 specialty apparel retailer. As part of GapTech, you will deliver globally scalable, cloud-based solutions, using agile software development, DevOps practices, and advanced technologies.
Our Tech and Digital team pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. We are made up of thousands of people across the globe who try fast, learn fast, and think big for our customers, communities, and the planet. On our team, you will be part of the technology engine that is driving innovative retail, e-commerce, and global enterprise technology for Gap Inc. and our brands. Our engineers and developers work together to create a seamless omni-channel experience powered through cloud-based platforms, services architecture, and open-source technologies. We help the company grow – whether it’s increasing our global footprint, operating a flawless holiday shopping season, or helping a customer get the product they need, when they need it. Our passion is what sets us apart – we’re not just here to execute, but also learn and grow and innovate on what’s next.
What You'll Do
In this role you are accountable for ensuring delivery of all capabilities impacting and enabling our functions. This includes real-time relevant business communications and engagement to ensure our capabilities' uptime and performance meets the operating need. Collaboration with product management and engineering is key to success in this role.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of TPM functional processes and business function. Provides insights on project risks based on broad experience.
- Develop project risk profile, mitigation plan and contingency plan.
- Monitor and track project team activities and deliverables, supporting program delivery, leveraging a good understanding of tools and processes such as solutioning, estimating, forecasting, capacity management, status reporting, risks/issue management and program plan
- Coordinate execution of end to end technology strategies across Product Management, Engineering and Architecture teams to support funded portfolio initiatives and communicating with key Business and GapTech stakeholders
- Manage the portfolio lifecycle, facilitating application strategy and planning processes, ensuring portfolio delivery success in a modern Dev Ops/agile operating model This includes accountability for financial visibility to the leader team
Who You Are
- Maintains overall financial and milestone status of business capability across product teams and provide visibility across investment portfolio ensuring planned scope, priority, risk, milestone and financial changes are surfaced in a timely manner, ensures strategies and recommendations for addressing each are provided and result in aligned decisions
- This position will lead and manage the portfolio lifecycle, facilitating delivery partnership through application strategy and planning processes, ensuring portfolio delivery success in a modern Dev Ops/Agile operating model and leading business engagement and communications
- Participate in continuous delivery improvement efforts by providing input into an enterprise framework for program management aligned with modern agile, lean and design thinking practices
- Provide timely visibility of critical business-impacting technology issues to business and technology leaders to ensure business-impacting issues are communicated in business language and provide coordination to ensure ongoing status is communicated and contingency option
- Communicates directly to senior executives in Logistics and Warehouse Management operating status and technology impact
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs