About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role you will ensure that Company financial records and statements are accurate and in line with laws, regulations and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). You will work to resolve discrepancies or irregularities by analyzing records, statements, or documented transactions. You will share insights and reports and will communicate with business partners in and outside of Finance.
What You'll Do
- Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting and analysis of financial information
- Document financial transactions and prepare financial reports and entries by analyzing account information
- Ensure compliance and security by following applicable standards and internal controls
- Build business partner confidence through effective communication and appropriately handling sensitive financial information
- Support implementation of new accounting policies and guidelines
- Listen and ask questions to solicit feedback to understand needs and provide service
- Handle unique or complex customer interactions
Who You Are
- Financial acumen, with some Accounting and Finance experience and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and interact across teams and at varying levels of management
- Organized and detail oriented with an ability to manage multiple priorities and projects concurrently
- Apply broad and established knowledge of job and/or Accounting
- Research process or transaction flow to identify root cause of errors
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs