About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
In this role, you will support the store leadership team by performing functional tasks as assigned. You will act as a mentor and role model to employees to support service behaviors and the execution of tasks in specific areas of expertise. You will focus on leading processes and/or areas of the business, executing tasks and maintaining productivity to ensure goals are met. Through collaboration with your leadership team, your goal is to teach and coach your team and drive behaviors to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
Hourly rate starts at $12.60. However, compensation is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a role model to achieve priorities in store, with the customer as the primary focus
- Support the store leadership team to collaborate effectively with employees and ensure work tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Build and share expertise in an assigned specialized functional area
- Support completion or work processes before or after the store closes as needed inclusive of opening and/or closing the store
- Listen and ask questions to solicit feedback to understand needs and provide service
- Handle unique or complex customer interactions
Who You Are
- Provides clear and direct communication of expectations and gives feedback
- Ability to utilize technology effectively and engage with customers and your team to meet goals
- Able to effectively lead and inspire others through coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrate interest and initiative towards continuous improvement and growth
- Research process or transaction flow to identify root cause of errors
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs