About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will support the overall Finance function for a large, multi-brand retailer in a fast-paced, complex environment. Gap Inc.’s headquarters Finance team provides financial support to various business units and the Executive Leadership teams. You will be responsible for providing guidance, data, and analysis to other areas of Finance or the brands. The teams are responsible for leading several key financial performance management activities for Gap Inc., including the annual budget / operating plan, long-range plan, and monthly forecast. Using these activities as a foundation, they provide the executive leaders and other relevant stakeholders with forward-looking financial projections, performance perspective, and foundations for optimal decision-making.
What You'll Do
- Prepare monthly financial reports to Gap Inc management and ensure reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner
- Deliver financials for the company, whether related to financial close, internal or external reporting, or analysis for key stakeholders in Finance
- Audit PBC management
- Provide financial support and analysis to key internal groups such as Tax, Treasury, Legal, and Internal Audit
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Monthly account reconciliations and journal entries
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Participate in projects and assignments of diverse scope
Who You Are
- Understanding of financial statements including balance sheets and general ledgers, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and the financial close process
- High level of individual accountability and motivation
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
- Committed to continuous growth and learning
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs