About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Inventory Analytics Team at Gap Inc. uses data and analytics to drive business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands. The team’s focus is on both answering business questions with data and creating analytical capabilities to support the matching of supply and demand for the company. We seek a leader to lead a group of data analysts with ownership over domain areas of responsive supply chain, sourcing, and inventory management at Gap Inc. all brands. Specific areas of expertise include product testing, merchandizing analytics, supply chain analytics, and inventory management. This is a high visibility role with high partnership with brands and other stakeholders.
What You'll Do
· Provide coaching and guidance for a team of analysts and managers
· Measure and communicate the value generated by specific responsive supply chain initiatives and advise on analytical strategies for additional value creation
· Partner with sourcing organization to understand cost implications of sourcing and materials decisions
· Integrate data from multiple sources to produce novel data analyses using techniques from statistics or industrial engineering
· Advise business groups by providing technical analyses that identify and address business issues and opportunities
· Collaborate with business partners to translate high impact business opportunities into analytic frameworks, business requirements, and plans to support model development
· Collaborate and lead others in key initiatives and their implementation
· Responsible for planning, budget and end results; set policies and strategic direction for area/team
Who You Are
· Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills
· Proven record as a people manager and team leader
· Proficient in data access and analysis methods for large customer and transactional datasets
· Familiarity and experience using visualization and dashboard tools such as Tableau and Power BI
· Ability to influence the company to become more data-driven
· Experience with data retrieval and analysis tools such as SQL and Python
· Domain experience in one or more of the following a plus: sourcing, supply chain, inventory management, product testing.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.