About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will support the overall Landlord Account Reconciliation function for a large, multi-brand retailer in a fast-paced, complex environment with a leased population of 3,000+ locations. You will be responsible for the financial profiling of lease terms into the Lease Management System (TELMS). You will develop relationships and collaborate with the various cross functional real estate business teams to ensure timely payment, compliance, accounting and forecasting of lease obligations. You will investigate and bring to resolution account variances with landlord representatives.
What You'll Do
· Prepare extraction and profiling of financial terms in TELMS ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payment obligations
· Deliver financials for the company, whether related to financial close, internal or external reporting, or analysis for key stakeholders in Finance
· Resolve lease language interpretation conflicts with Landlords.
· Provide financial support and analysis to key internal groups such as Corporate Real Estate, Store Development, Real Estate Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and Internal Audit
· Identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and collaborating with others on a solution
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross functional teams at all levels of the organization at all levels of the organization
Who You Are
- High level of individual accountability and the ability to influence others while maintaining key relationships in the business
- High level of emotional intelligence and be able to work under strict deadlines
- Fundamental understanding of accounting to draw conclusions on accruals and other payables transactions to properly impact the Profit and Loss statement (P&L) as well as the Balance Sheet.
- Basic understanding of Control and Compliance
- Ability to assess customer account data against lease terms to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Ability to influence others while maintaining key relationships through effective communication and strong emotional intelligence
- Ability or agility to learn internal technical applications
- Ability to filter, prioritize, and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs