About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will drive the development of color, print and pattern identity for a product area. You will develop seasonal print and woven concepts using a CAD system to create repeats, colorways, and scale variations of both purchased and original artwork. You’ll need to partner closely with the design team and understand the brand aesthetic to achieve iconic and flawless concepts.
What You'll Do
- Create seasonal print/color concepts and builds out relevant print/yarn dye/ embroidery pattern stories from that concept that are on brand
- Ensure prints and yarn dyes are maintained in CAD system in multiple colorways and various sizes, maximizing efficiency and organization and meeting deadlines
- Maintain an understanding of print and CAD technology trends in the market, providing relevant imagery to communicate print trends and build seasonal color palettes and pattern boards
- Responsible for preparing artwork packages that comply with production ready standards, providing well defined recommendations to meet business requirements
- Develop communication skills to exchange complex information
- Manage projects and program execution related to the creation of textile and wovens using a CAD system, and ensures quality of work
Who You Are
- In-depth knowledge of CAD systems/software/printers (NedGraphics; Illustrator; Photoshop), MS Office and Excel
- Strong expertise of print and textile designs, color matching and creation of colorways
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Awareness of product development from conceptualization to finished design for textiles
- Anticipate operational/program issues and develops preventative measures
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs