About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Customer Analytics Team at Gap Inc. applies data analysis and machine learning techniques to drive business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands. The team’s focus is on creating analytical capabilities to support customer acquisition and retention, personalization and marketing at Gap Inc. Areas of expertise include segmentation, targeting, forecasting, marketing effectiveness measurement and optimizations, customer behaviors, site analytics and business growth initiatives. You will support the team to build and deploy Data and Analytics capabilities, in partnership with GapTech, PDM, Central Marketing & business partners across our brands.
What You'll Do
- Develop software programs, algorithms and automated processes that cleanse, integrate and evaluate large data sets from multiple disparate sources
- Manipulate large amounts of data across a diverse set of subject areas, collaborating with other data scientists and data engineers to prepare data pipelines for various modeling protocols
- Build, validate, and maintain AI (Machine Learning (ML) /Deep learning) models, diagnose and optimize performance and develop statistical models and analysis for ad hoc business focused analysis
- Communicate meaningful, actionable insights from large data and metadata sources to stakeholders
- Build cross functional partnerships and consensus
- Influence strategy for area/team
Who You Are
- Advanced proficiency in R, Python, Spark, Hive (or other MR), and common scripting languages for E2E pipeline Advanced proficiency using SQL for efficient manipulation of large datasets in on prem and cloud distributed computing environments, such as Azure environments
- Experience with ML and classical predictive techniques such as logistic regression, decision trees, non linear regressions, ANN/CNN, boosted trees, SVM, Tensorflow, visualization packages, and a track record for creating business impact with these methods
- Ability to work both at a detailed level as well as to summarize findings and extrapolate knowledge to make strong recommendations for change
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and influence product and analytics roadmap, with a demonstrated proficiency in relationship building
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs