About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will build and develop innovative internal and external content strategies to support the company’s long-range plan. You will collaborate with internal and external partners to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate strategic communications and experiences that build the way employees, prospective employees, business partners and customers think about Gap Inc. You will develop a deep understanding of the business and leverage your understanding of industry trends to shape stories that convey the company’s priorities, values, and market position.
The successful candidate is a curious storyteller who is passionate about company culture, collaborates effectively within matrixed teams, and shapes compelling content across multiple formats and channels. The role will involve working closely with our specialty brand teams at Gap and Banana Republic to align purpose, vision and values while surfacing up opportunities to align and amplify brand-led endeavors.
As part of a high-performing team, the successful candidate will have a bias for action, be comfortable working in a fast-moving environment and bring a solid understanding of the corporate communications function and how company culture drives engagement and attracts best-in-class talent.
This role entails creating and managing communications for broad audiences internally and externally, in a global and culturally-diverse setting through compelling communications.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the communication partners and other key stakeholders to build narratives and campaigns that communicates our company’s business objectives, culture, and values to our employees, prospective employees, shareholders, and customers
- Build and manage proactive experience and communication plans -- including content, execution timelines, and distribution strategies – that will cultivate Gap Inc.’s culture and values throughout the organization.
- Partner with specialty brand teams to amplify brand stories for all Gap Inc. employees and prospective talent
- Collaborate across multiple teams including Talent Management, Communications, Sustainability and People + Culture, Equality & Belonging and Workplace Insights to support strategic goals internally and externally across key audiences and channels.
- Serve as a key resource partner and advocate for company culture and employee belonging.
- Distill and synthesize data and information from across the company to craft overarching narrative lines and develop a range of communications materials (bylines, blog posts, internal emails, presentations, etc.)
- Create and manage project timelines to ensure deadlines are met and events run seamlessly.
- Understand business priorities, company values and industry trends to shape audience-relevant communications.
- Use metrics and reporting to track internal results, measure effectiveness, and identify needs: measure and track results; prepare presentations and reports for executives; and leverage results to make recommendations and refine communications approach.
- Strategic + Creative Thinker
- Strong storyteller
Who You Are
- Ability to drive cultural and/or change initiatives, and position a brand/company as a great place to work
- Creative, innovative, and curious; ability to move from concept to ideation to execution; strong bias for action
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and oversee multiple concurrent projects and workstreams with various business partners
- Excellent written, verbal and advisory skills
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Strong storyteller with the ability to create compelling narratives in support of our business strategies.
- Minimum 5 years of directly relevant experience knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience in a marketing or creative environment a plus
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail and proven track record of working in or with a complex, cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated agility with juggling multiple projects under deadline, optimizing resources and self-prioritizing work
- Experience defining KPIs, managing reporting and showcasing data-driven results
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs