About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role you are responsible for movement of product, supplies and non-merchandise from vendors to stores, distribution centers and customers around the world. Our team is comprised of industry leaders with expertise across all facets of Transportation ensuring the right product is delivered to the right place at the right time. We create with audacity delivering value for our customers through innovative solutions.
What You'll Do
- Plan and execute operational strategies across the supply chain functions to deliver service against micro and macro industry pressures
- create and achieve short and long term strategic and tactical plans for team guided by broad policies, objectives and standards
- Identify, pursue, and implement service offerings that meet customer needs and/or improve overall efficiency
- Monitor and evaluate, on a continuous basis, the operational performance of our Package carriers. Ensure that they meet and exceed present and future delivery requirements. This may involve trouble shooting areas of service deficiencies, identifying root cause of service failures, and driving continuous process improvement with our logistics providers
- Build and leverage trusting relationship with internal and external business partners to optimize and deliver creative solutions that drive business value
- Drive operational performance by establishing clear expectations, frequently reviewing performance, anticipating challenges, and holding teams accountable
- Lead an inclusive team engaged in organizational success, accountable for performance, and empowered to drive results; Responsible for end results of team and shares responsibility over resources, budget and adherence to policies
Who You Are
- Ability to lead and drive for results through cross functional and diverse teams at all levels
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to review data/processes & independently determine/implement solution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders and functions
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment and able to speak with candor to drive business results
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs