About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the Role
Based in our San Francisco, CA corporate office, the Loyalty Marketing Production Artist, Digital & Print reports to the Sr. Marketing Manager – Production Artist. In this role, the Marketing Production Artist is responsible for the accuracy and quality of print and/or digital design files before their publication. Duties include diligently applying design changes and recommendations to each project while handling an array of projects at any given moment. A high standard for quality control is a must as production artists often provide the final approval of a project before its launch. This role requires active and assertive communication with all business partners within marketing.
The Marketing Production Artist role requires a bachelor's degree in graphic design or commensurate experience in a related field. A high degree of proficiency in design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign is required along with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. The ability to sit in front of a computer for long hours at a time is necessary.
What You'll Do
- Creating and manipulating graphics through Adobe Creative Suite apps such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Formatting graphics as well as collecting, processing and proofing various graphics files.
- Assisting design teams in producing print, packaging, advertising, point-of-purchase, and digital graphics.
- Assessing project specifics and creating a final product that adheres to those print and digital requirements.
- Collaborating with the print production team to define design executional goals.
- Reviewing and proofing graphic materials before the product is marked as complete or goes into bulk production.
- Translate creative and ideas into production-ready deliverables and versions.
- Work with mechanical die-lines for retail POP, packaging and direct mail.
- Assist designers with creating comps + mockups for campaign concepts.
- Create master files for renders and save out in various sizes.
- Prepare and package files for final release (check size, bleed, colors, resolution, etc.)
- Assist with naming, converting, processing files.
- Create PDFs for client review.
- Troubleshoot production problems as they arise with designers, printers, digital media and publications.
- Maintain familiarity with brand guidelines.
- Self-start solutions that improve the production process for our team
- Assist in the design of assets as needed to support the overall brand.
Who You Are
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs