About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
In this role, you will act as a true business owner possessing deep knowledge and expertise of your department and channel. You will assort a commercially viable line of products, building sales and inventory plans that drive sales and margin growth. You will partner closely with the global merchandising team to ensure that your market needs are embedded in the global product strategy. Owning the product lifecycle from end to end, you are responsible for the proper flow of inventory and, on weekly basis, using marketing intelligence and data on sales performance, will respond to future seasons with robust actions to drive and exceed future sales expectations. You are accountable and empowered to see things through to the end.
What You'll Do
- Receive and execute department and class level plans that support market/division strategy including pre season style plan and recommendations for investment quantities that support the commercial plan and financial goals
- Issue product based on market specific seasonality, sales trends and opportunities for growth; Drive pricing strategy for in season business through weekly promotion markdown changes
- Review product trends, historical sales data, competitive set data to inform in season and future product strategies
- Analyze and report out on current business results and create actionable business strategies to respond to changing business
- Develop communication skills to exchange complex information
- Manage projects and program execution within area of specialty and ensures quality of work
Who You Are
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Strong ability to apply logic to solve problems and generate effective solutions; able to leverage quantities and qualitative data to make business decisions and take smart risks
- Able to build collaborative cross functional partnerships and present information in a compelling influential manner in group and one on one settings
- Proficient in Excel; demonstrated aptitude leveraging and learning new technology and tools
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs