About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
This hand on role requires the indivudual to be responsible for maintaining 99.99% uptime for all the applications that serve customer experience domain, which includes the Gap Inc family of websites, Order management systems and the stores point of sales across all geographies. The individual will be responsible analyzing failures if it occurs and provide solutions and take critical decisions to mitigate on the spot, as well as proactively identify/develop and suggest design changes, inclusive of software/hardware/infrastructure to avoid it from happening in the future for 24*7. The indivudual would primarily quarterback all the severity issues and also oversee the root cause analysis process and ensure all action items are tracked to closure. The individual would help in building monitoring tools and automation for multiple complex systems to proactively catch production anomalies and collaborate with multiple products teams on effective usage of these tooling and help define service level objectives and service level indicators for all systems. The individual would collaborate with architects on design and implementation of modernizing systems so that it can be seamlessly moved to cloud infrastructure and ensuring the optimal performance and highly reliable solution is in place. The individual would also be responsible for capacity planning and ensuring the systems are ready for handling high traffic and sales during holiday season.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the 99.99 uptime of the entire Gap systems (ecommerce/stores and supply chain apps) and application and present updatesecommendations
- Act as the first line of defense for Production health across Gap’s Site and Stores applications and infrastructure and analyze and recommend best solutions for high availability across all teams
- Quarter-back high Sev issues as required and drive blameless postmortems, research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution
- Build the required tools, monitoring and automation to proactively detect and self-heal Production anomalies and help define Service level objectives and service level indicators in distributed application environment.
- Help drive the required changes for reliability as the company adopts a hybrid cloud foundation
- Collaborate with architects on design and implementation of modernizing systems so that it can be seamlessly moved to cloud infrastructure and ensuring the optimal performance and highly reliable solution is in place
- Mentor team, grow talent in this critical area.
Who You Are
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs