About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Gap Inc. budget and long-range plan senior analyst plays an important role in projecting company performance and identifying key business trends to support senior management. This role offers the opportunity to influence major strategic decisions by analyzing and creating supporting materials for presentations to key stakeholders, including the board of directors. Additionally, this role is unique in that it is focused on forward-looking projections and offers the opportunity to impact all brands and functions in the Gap Inc. portfolio.
What You'll Do
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare the annual budget for Gap Inc., ensuring reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner.
- Maintain Gap Inc. long range financial model, with projected company financial performance
- Assist in preparation of presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made.
- Deliver accurate financial results, and identify and research variances between long range plan, budget, and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis and scenario modeling in support of SVP of Finance and CFO
- Provide financial and decision-support analytics to executive leadership to support key business decisions
- Evaluate current processes and tools to drive efficiencies and value-added enhancements.
- Prepare presentations, supporting exhibits and analytics for executive leadership teams and the Board of Directors
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
Who You Are
- Learning Agility
- Strategic Orientation
- Drives Results
Who You Are (The job qualifications)
- This person must be able to function in a fast-paced environment with evolving business needs
- Strong financial background; exceptional analytical and modeling skills; working knowledge of financial statements
- Proven ability to interpret and synthesize data and clearly communicate complex ideas
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills
- Results oriented with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Hyperion Essbase (or similar database systems) experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Economics, Math, or related field; MBA or CPA is a plus.
- 3-4+ years of working experience
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs