About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Category Mgr I of Contingent Workforce-Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantage and value creation for sourcing initiatives they own & manage. In this role, you’ll have the unique opportunity to manage and gain experience in contingent workforce and professional services categories, across our portfolio of brands (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta). The Category Manager I will own planning, implementation, and execution of sourcing strategy, along with building and maintaining effective relationships with business partners internally and externally at various levels.
What You'll Do
- Manage and execute sourcing strategies for contingent workforce and professional service categories through technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ short-term and long-term plans. Understands key strategic sourcing functions (RFXs, market intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthen business partner relationships: successfully partner with internal stakeholders (GapTech, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Privacy, etc.), external suppliers, and colleagues to achieve results
- Balance speed and urgency with cost savings and ROI in vendor negotiations
- Develop category knowledge and leverage industry experts, associations, peers, and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Manage and execute sourcing strategies based on business priorities and requirements
Who You Are
- Category knowledge in the following categories contingent workforce and professional services , etc.). Ability to learn and quickly develop subject matter expertise
- Manager, plan, and execute sourcing strategy to drive short and long-term results by leveraging market knowledge and collaboration and influencing with stakeholders.
- Excellent prioritization skills with ability to adapt to change quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team
- Experience: 3-5 years professional experience in strategic sourcing, management consulting, HR, or staffing agency account support.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs