About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
What You'll Do
In this role, you will develop, execute and drive inclusive merchandise strategies that delight the customer while meeting or exceeding the financial goals of the business. As the commercial backbone of the product development process, you will partner with your cross functional team using customer insights, market data and business performance to bring great products to market that amaze and delight our customers.You will help drive results and closely monitor the health of your categories, ensuring product and assortments are commercially-viable and drive profitable growth.
- Help to develop and drive merchandise assortments that meet customer needs, aligned to the overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings
- Collaborate with Design and Production partners on product strategies and speed to market, through the lens of inclusivity and belonging
- Strong handle on competitive landscape and market opportunities
- Partner with Inventory Management, Store Planning and Allocation on seasonal investment strategy to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected
- In season analysis of sales, to identify risks and opportunities and a strategic plan to address the business
- Ad-hoc projects of diverse scope
Who You Are
- 1-2 years of retail buying & merchandising experience
- Strong communicator: excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrates strategic and analytical ability
- Possesses strong financial acumen
- Powerful collaborator and influencer
- Passion for product and the fashionetail industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs