About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
The Old Navy Inventory Strategy team strives to make Old Navy Inventory Management best in class through development of process and implementation of new capabilities.
The Sr. Manager of Inventory Strategy will be a key player in driving business process transformation, implementing new systems and tools and using measurement to support continuous improvement. We are looking for a team member who is customer curious and embodies try fast, learn fast, think big mindset.
What You'll Do
- Leads team of Managers, (Sr.) Planners and/or Analysts, to drive and sustain key inventory management practices in support of brand strategies and financial goals
- Enables inventory management by developing process and implementing new capabilities to improve overall inventory effectiveness and bring workflow efficiencies
- Connects brand strategies and goals to tactical execution by the inventory management teams
- Develops and delivers pre-season guidance for the quarterly buying cycles
- Supports in-season management including monthly receipt reconciliation and open-to-buy processes
- Drives continuous improvement through system/tool enhancements and process refinements
- Uses expertise of systems, processes and analytics to develop options and recommend the best path forward when tackling new problems
- Leverages SMEs, SWAT leaders and IM leadership as key stakeholders and is seen as someone that incorporates feedback into strategies
- Influences partners at various levels of the organization to gain buy in and land decisions
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners when impacting more than one team
- Translates process documentation into training materials
- Delivers training to large audiences in partnership with functional SMEs
- Defines change management approach and manages hypercare for system implementations
- Measures proficiency to pulse overall understanding of process and systems; deliver upskilling that addresses the most critical needs
- Recommends & Influences tool and system enhancements based on brand strategies and opportunities captured in user feedback
- Uses operational KPIs to assess accuracy and operational excellence
- Provides pre-season guidance for quarterly buying cycles to drive season strategies
- Communicates process guidance with superior clarity
- Own and manage multiple projects or larger initiatives, including identification of key issues, work planning, analysis, development of conclusions, and presentation of findings; uses a business lens for prioritization
- Accomplishes project milestones through leading others while holding team accountable to timeline and quality
- Models strong time management by setting clear timelines and delivering project milestones on time
- Leads team of one or more Manger(s), (Sr.) Inventory Planners or Analysts
- Supports career development and skill development of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
- Champions inclusion and fosters a positive working environment with indirect and direct management of employees
Who You Are
- 6-8 years of Inventory Management (or relevant) experience, background in planning strongly preferred
- Demonstrated strategic agility ability to anticipate and articulate business needs and respond with the appropriate strategies
- Proven success with leading organizational change
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Old Navy inventory management systems (or equivalent) & MS Office
- Experience in leading system / tool projects for a business is required
- Proven track record successfully leading and developing a team
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs