About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Data and Analytics organization consists of Data Scientists, Researchers and Analysts across Gap Inc chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decisions across the value chain of our business. The “Data and Analytics” IM Embedded team drives value and innovation through the application and delivery of analytics within our brands and functional areas.
The IM Embedded Sr Analyst for Gap brand works hand-in-hand with the Inventory Management, Finance, and Strategy teams within the brand to increase the effectiveness and scale of our data driven solutions. They will also play a crucial role in identifying, validating and supporting business growth opportunities by advancing the use of advanced analytical techniques capable of driving massive business outcomes.
The successful candidate has a strong analytical mindset, is passionate about understanding the challenges associated with Inventory Management, and is skilled at combining strategy and analytics, storytelling with data and driving business decisions with analytics; they are expert at accessing and manipulating complex and large scale data, and applying analytics in support of business decisions.
What You'll Do
- Query and manipulate data from multiple large-scale data sources using SQL and other data science tools, and summarize the findings of your analysis, providing actionable recommendations
- Continually learn about Gap Inc.’s data, analytical models, systems and capabilities to continually improve your impact, influence, and data storytelling skills
- Provide assistance needed to implement strategic recommendations considering brand priorities and objectives
- Partner with Inventory Management/Finance/Strategy teams at Gap brand and the central Data Science team to set up and measure recommended actions
- Identify opportunities for improvement with the Inventory Management scope of operations.
- Develop and oversee product and customer behavior KPI monitoring systems by developing and evolving performance measurement dashboards and reporting
Who You Are
- Analytically minded with strong business acumen and excited for a role that requires you to combine the two
- 2+ years of experience in an analytics role, preferably in a multi-channel retail and/or supply chain environment, or in a management/internal consulting role where analytics is a central area of focus
- Proficient in using SQL for analysis of large customer and transactional datasets; other languages, such as R, Python or SAS, a plus
- Passionate about retail, inventory management, and supply chain functions
- An expert in creating advanced Excel data models/analyses and PowerPoint presentations
- A natural at drawing insights, making recommendations that drive business actions and at nurturing business relations
- Curious, a quick learner and organized
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
- A talented storyteller with superior presentation skills (written, visual and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative, technical, or social science field preferred.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs