Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
Gap brand is committed to activation and results - that is, to regain brand health, drive more demand, create heightened momentum, and catapult beyond current perception. The role of this Senior Manager will be to assist in developing and executing media strategies and plans that will reinvigorate the brand, help to reposition the brand amongst our customers, acquire new customers and drive demand.
The Senior Manager will assist in the development of annual and seasonal media strategies for the North America markets (occasionally global) and will support all Gap brands (including by not limited to Gap, GapKids, babyGap, GapFit, GapBody, Yeezy Gap). Reporting to the Director, Media Strategy & Investment, the candidate will work in concert with other marketing and cross-functional partners to deliver a comprehensive media plan that meets/exceeds business objectives.
What You'll Do
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Translate Gap brand’s marketing objectives into a well thought-out, strategic, cross-platform media campaign across paid media channels.
- Set campaign goals (i.e., new customer acquisition, engagement, revenue, retention, awareness, etc.) and identify KPI’s needed to accomplish those goals.
- Work with the Director to develop unique, innovative media plans that are consistent with approved strategies, KPIs, and budgets.
- Summarize and report on media performance across a range of interconnected media/digital initiatives, triangulating them back to overall business results.
- Coordination and maintenance of Media budget, reporting to finance team monthly.
- Maintain flowcharts, budget, and measurement trackers, marketing calendar that houses both an archive of marketing efforts & forward-looking commercial plan.
- Collaborate with Director to build seasonal briefs for agency partners and external media partners.
- Partner with Media Coordinator to build creative briefs and identify A-level stories to maximize ROI.
- Manage Yeezy Gap digital performance marketing strategy including affiliate marketing, paid social, paid search.
- Strategize, plan, and collaborate with agencies to achieve ROAS objectives.
- Conduct marketing hindsight to assess effectiveness of marketing efforts. Utilize learnings to influence future strategies & identify unproductive spend. Make recommendations based on findings.
Who You Are
- Must have experience with all Media, and strong knowledge regarding Digital Marketing platforms including Meta and Google.
- Minimum of 6-7 years of Marketing/Agency or in-house Media planning and/or campaign execution experience.
- Understanding of industry marketing, the consumer journey and purchase funnel, media, technologies; ability to apply analytics to assess real business value.
- Experience within a retail company is a plus.
- Experience working directly with outside vendors, brands, and media partners.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
US Candidates – Non NYC: Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
US Candidates – NYC: Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs