About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Marketing Operations is a centralized direct marketing function responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of a high volume of customer contacts via email with flawless execution. Specifically, the Technical Project Manager is the program and systems expert translating business strategies into an executional plan. Additionally, the Technical Manager is responsible for driving the project through to completion, vendor management, system expertise and troubleshooting. This role supports the Sr. Manager/Director in ownership of the project execution of email for Gap Inc.’s brands and businesses.
The ideal candidate for the Technical Manager position will be a subject matter expert in email marketing and marketing technology, have excellent project management and communication skills, have intellectual curiosity into “why things work” and be a proponent for change as we look to drive our email program forward. The individual should be self-motivated, independent and be able to balance a workload that consists of projects, system maintenance and vendor and brand management.
As the owner of project timeline and documentation, the candidate will be the owner and visionary of how to plot and delegate team deliverables. Success in this role will be measured by maximizing the team’s ability to achieve brand business partners vision in the most efficient way possible. The Technical Project Manager will be a critical conduit for all incoming and outgoing action items, ensuring open and detailed communication of timing, progress, and status.
What You'll Do
- Lead technical project strategy on email initiatives across Gap Inc and embrace leading change as we evolve our email program
- Develop and manage campaign test programs in support of learning and financial objectives
- Develop and optimize campaign functionality and processes as required to support new programs and initiatives
- Work with brand business partners to support technical strategies to drive their business
- Work with database management team and email service provider on specifications and development of email functionality
- Interface with email technology vendor/partners to adapt products and solutions to improve email program performance
Who You Are
- 5-7 years experience in email marketing
- Strong project management skills adhering to timeline, budget, and scope through to documentation
- In-depth knowledge of email marketing and best practices, including developing automated and lifecycle program, preferably with retail and/or e-commerce
- Experience with segmentation strategies and campaign management systems. Redpoint experience a plus
- Experience with campaign execution from within an email deployment platform. Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience a plus. SQL experience a plus
- Capable of taking initiative and owning projects, goals, and tasks independently
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, high priority projects – identifying creative solutions
- Strong analytical thinking, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Organized and proactive with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs