About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will work in a energized and fast-paced environment focused on delivering an excellent customer experience to our HQ employees and visitors in our Cafes and on-site events. Your goal is to produce and prepare high quality food, provide timely delivery and maintain a clean environment for our employees and visitors.
What You'll Do
- Maintain a clean and organized storage, dish room and prep station to provide fast and efficient service to our employees and visitors
- Collaborate with vendors and café management to assure a high level of customer service and quality ingredients
- Ensure compliance to recipes and prepare all ingredients before breakfast and lunch at our HQ locations, onsite events, and catering events
- Listen and ask questions to solicit feedback to understand needs and provide service
- Handle unique or complex customer interactions
- Motivates kitchen teams to upgrade skills and food knowledge
Who You Are
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to develop and maintain good relationships
- Ability to problem solve and multitask
- Must be able to move throughout café and kitchen, move 30 lbs., use equipment specific to your role
- Apply broad and established knowledge of job and food knowledge and diverse cuisines
- Research process or transaction flow to identify root cause of errors
- Certified in Food Service Safety (i.e.: ServSafety)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs