About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Mergers and Acquisition (“M&A”) Accounting to join our Corporate Controller’s leadership team and support Gap Inc’s Power Plan 2023. This Director will work closely with the Strategic Growth Office to oversee the accounting due diligence, purchase accounting and valuation analysis related to acquisitions and review new agreements for various strategic transactions. This role will also oversee our Global Accounting Policies database with a focus on modernizing current processes to transform Gap Inc. for the future.
What You'll Do
- Lead accounting due diligence, purchase accounting and valuation analysis for acquisitions.
- Subject matter expert of complex accounting areas, such as business combinations, asset acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Lead and participate in implementation of strategic initiatives and provide thought leadership on complex and non-routine accounting matters to business partners.
- Manage the global accounting policies database with a focus on modernizing current processes.
- Partner with the External Reporting team to ensure accurate disclosures relating to acquisitions and strategic transactions.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and foster strong working relationships with key stakeholders to assist with transition and integration activities from strategic initiatives.
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of accounting professionals.
Who You Are
- Experience with M&A transactions
- Strong Financial acumen; including accounting and finance experience with a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the ability to apply relevant guidance to complex accounting topics.
- Strategic and analytical thinker that possesses keen attention to detail and ability to articulate complex accounting transactions in a simple way.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and an aptitude for accounting software and financial systems.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and interact across teams and at varying levels of management.
- Able to filter, prioritize, analyze, and validate potentially complex In-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own subject area and understanding of procedures and concepts in other areas.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs