About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for providing HR business support and partnership that results in an engaged workforce and a more productive business. You will be responsible for supporting the execution of people strategies, responding to day-to-day HR activities for the clients, supporting the HR team in developing and executing talent management strategies and partnering with key Gap Inc. HR solution centers (Talent Management, Employee Relations, Recruiting, Total Rewards, etc.) to deliver results against the people strategies.
What You'll Do
- Provide support on people and organizational issues: collectively, directly and through matrix management throughout the organization, leveraging resources, programs and tools to achieve desired outcomes
- Actively participate with leaders to advise on people and organization impact of business plans and decisions
- Implement strategies which improve employee engagement year over year, as measured through the continuous listening process;
- Analyze HR metrics to identify business opportunities working with leadership to develop and implement solutions
- Support talent management and succession planning activities within the business
- Pro actively partner with the business and HR partners in Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development to support strategies to strengthen or fill gaps, as needed, to ensure a ready now talent pipeline;
- Deploy appropriate retention strategies to promote organizational stability
Who You Are
- Proven success and expertise as a Human Resource generalist
- Comfort with most HR disciplines (employee relations, compensation, benefits, OD, talent management, talent acquisition)
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics (authentic, compassionate, genuine and honest); good communicator; good listening skills and problem solver
- Strong business orientation, drive for results, and desire to win
- Ability to assess situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend talent solutions
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs