About Yeezy Gap
For the last 51 years, we’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. Yeezy Gap represents the next step in our journey. This partnership brings the relationship between Kanye West and Gap brand full circle, as Kanye worked in a Gap store as a teen growing up in Chicago. This bold alliance will take the creativity, fashion leadership and energy of YEEZY and fuel it with Gap brand’s expertise, global reach + recognition, and best-in-class supply chain. If you want to be a part of this historic partnership, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
For the last 52 years, we’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. Yeezy Gap represents the next step in our journey. This partnership brings the relationship between Kanye West and Gap brand full circle, as Kanye worked in a Gap store as a teen growing up in Chicago. This bold alliance will take the creativity, fashion leadership and energy of Yeezy and fuel it with Gap brand’s expertise, global reach + recognition, and best-in-class supply chain. If you want to be a part of this historic partnership, we’d love to have you join us.
Yeezy Gap is looking for a versatile, self-driven, full-time Assistant Designer to join our Product Research & Development team in Los Angeles.
This role is located in the Los Angeles office and requires you to be in the office on a regular basis. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, as of September 7, 2021, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Prepares detailed flat sketch designs.
- Assists with detailed specification of product.
- Assists with BOMs.
- Attends fitting sessions with manager; revises sketches and design packages, as needed.
- May assist in researching the local market.
- Responsible for administration and follow up of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PDM process, email correspondence, etc.
- Responsible for trimming supplies and/or working with Trim Department to keep abreast of current ideas.
Who You Are
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field, preferred.
- One year design experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc.)
- Excellent computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology including working in Illustrator, Photoshop, CLO 3D (preferred), online spec program.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively flat sketch garments.
- Strong understanding of garment construction, product and fabric knowledge.
- Basic design and color sense.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to sustain professional demeanor despite unscheduled work, revisions and short timelines.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across geographies in a matrixed environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Strong aesthetic intelligence with a passion for style and fashion that illustrates a balanced understanding of Gap and Yeezy brands.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs