About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The CaaS (Containers as a Service) team is a brand new team that is part of the Hybrid Cloud Engineering group at GapTech and serves engineering teams across all brands and markets. The CaaS team provides a streamlined software development experience for our cloud-based Kubernetes container platform.
The CaaS team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work alongside a team of top tier DevOps engineers who are focused on container platform optimization by streamlining the complexity of Kubernetes.
This is a hands-on Systems and DevOps role. It will require participating in an on-call rotation with other engineers to support production systems.
What You'll Do
What You’ll Do
- Develop, influence and drive our container platform service and strategy
- Integrate Kubernetes with ancillary services like service mesh, centralized logging, monitoring, GitOps.
- Influences and builds consensus among business partners in working in a collaborative cross-organizational environment - including meetings, requirements gathering, estimations, design sessions and iterative development.
- Provide subject matter expertise in supporting customers in successfully adopting and implementing container automation & capabilities
- Provide advice and material assistance in reducing operating costs and complexity for cloud container services.
- Provide final-tier platform support for high impacting issues and events
- Support multiple, complex, long term projects simultaneously
- Assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions.
- Acts as advisor/mentor to junior or less experienced team members towards achieving command of skills necessary to perform tasks at the next level.
- Use of and contributions to Open Source software projects is preferred and encouraged.
- Share your learnings and innovations with other engineers to accelerate the pace of innovation.
Who You Are :
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering experience
- 3+ years experience in Systems Engineering / Administration with firm understanding of Unix/Linux or Windows architectures.
- Hands-on experience with developing and/or administering container platform technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Hands-on software development experience with common modern stack tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Codefresh, Sonarqube, JFROG Platform
- Hands-on and expert knowledge and experience with Linux, Cloud Platforms (Azure preferred) and infra automation such as: Terraform, Docker Compose, GitOps, shell scripting. Proficient in modern DevOps programming languages such as Python, Golang, Powershell
Who You Are
- Effective experience working with multiple complex projects concurrently; working knowledge with agile and scrum project management
- Excellent written and communication skills; passion for learning, collaborating with others and being an all-around customer advocate
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions.
- A passionate learner and patient coach. Not only driven to improve yourself and your abilities, but to influence growth in other engineers around you.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs