About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will support the overall Finance function for a large, multi-brand retailer in a fast-paced, complex environment. Gap Inc.’s headquarters Finance team provides financial support to various business units and the Executive Leadership teams. You will be responsible for providing guidance, data, and analysis to other areas of Finance or the brands. The teams are responsible for leading several key financial performance management activities for Gap Inc., including the annual budget / operating plan, long-range plan, and monthly forecast. Using these activities as a foundation, they provide the executive leaders and other relevant stakeholders with forward-looking financial projections, performance perspective, and foundations for optimal decision-making.
This role is based out of the Albuquerque office. Currently, job duties are
being performed remotely. However, the Company may in the future require
you/this role to be in the office on a full-time or part-time basis. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay
Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated,
unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an
accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Prepare monthly financial reports to Gap Inc. management and ensuring reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner
- Deliver financials for the company, whether related to financial close, internal or external reporting, or analysis for key stakeholders in Finance
- Assist in preparation of presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
- Deliver accurate financial results, including comprehensive analysis of key expenses during the budget, forecast and close processes
- Provide financial support and analysis to key internal groups such as Corporate Real Estate, Store Development, Real Estate Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and Internal Audit
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and collaborating with others on a solution
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
Who You Are
- Be able to directly and indirectly manage others by influencing and negotiating
- Work independently with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Possess a thorough knowledge of operational, accounting and financial systems, principles and theory
- Past experiences include financial close cycles, accruals, reserves, prepaid and other closing entry preparation and postings
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills; Access is a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs