About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Software Engineering to help build the future of our CI-CD, Cloud, & Collaboration Platforms. As the director of the Automation product group, you will have significant influence across platform and technology decisions that impact multiple product engineering teams globally. The focus of this role is to continue supporting existing platform teams & capabilities while driving the modernization of our solutions toward a highly scalable multi-cloud environment.
What You'll Do
- Lead a group of top-tier engineers & managers. Build trust and foster a collaborative team culture while helping team members succeed & grow.
- Build a strong brand for the Automation Platform engineering team. You attract top talent and have the ability to lead, build, and retain a scalable organization.
- Drive the delivery of results toward Gap Inc. & GapTech goals. You are aligned with the direction of the company, and translate its focus into strategies.
- Deliver best-in-class Platforms. You partner with GapTech leaderhip, architects, and engineering teams to strategize, build, and execute against objectives.
- Influence and collaborate with product teams. You share and communicate plarform strategies with external teams, align on goals, and deliver results efficiently.
- You have exceptional executive presence in communicating the teams vision/plan effectively and represent the Automation organization.
Who You Are
- Experience in attracting, building, & leading a large team of engineers globally.
- Experience with CI-CD, Cloud, and Collaboration Platform tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Azure DevOps, ServiceNow, Atlassian Suite.
- Experience with cloud service providers, especially Azure. Understanding of automation techniques for delivery of cloud capabilities.
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage multiple activities at one time in a high-pressure environment and adaptable to changing requirements and direction.
- Ability to identify threats and opportunities while aligning departmental goals, processes and talent allocation with the organizational strategy.
- Strong verbal and written communications, especially at the senior leadership level, and the ability to work well with business and technical teams.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs