Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
In this role, you will embody our value of Doing The Right Thing by protecting People, Assets, and Brands. You will work in a energized, fast paced environment focused on creating a safe environment for our employees, teams, and customers; this is critical to driving our Brand power, enduring customer relationships, and exuding our commitment to team and values. You’ll need to understand the big picture strategy and work with cross-functional teams and external partners.
What You'll Do
- Support strategies, standards, and processes to implement an Asset Protection strategy to mitigate risk and loss within our Gap Inc stores
- Assist with the implementation and continued execution of the shortage reduction program
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions
- Determine the assignment of appropriate Asset Protection resources (i.e.: agents, technology, etc.) to address shortage reduction opportunities
- Courteous and responsive to internal/external requests
- Exchange and verifies job related information to provide support
Who You Are
- Experience in customer service and/or a high-pressure, multitask environment to drive results, coach, and collaborate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders and functions
- Ability to actively learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors
- Ability to manage and prioritize their time; able to multi task
- Use basic information-gathering skills to solve problems
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs