About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Manager for Strategic Sourcing, Operations will lead a new function and will be responsible for development and execution of critical tasks in our new contract management process. They will have responsibility for quality assurance of contract data, integrity of the executed contract repository, ownership of workflows and approval queues within the new process/contract tool, and designing the auditeporting structure. This role is essential for ensuring compliance to our purchasing policy and is the compliance SME for the Sourcing team. It is also instrumental in developing, influencing and improving our sourcing operations capabilities aligned with best practices in contract processing, reporting, insights and will consult on technology evolution.
What You'll Do
- Create clear definitions of procedures by successfully outlining and assigning all tasks.
- Act as a change agent and program owner to imbed compliance culture, while supporting a new contract management tool and process.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for compliance and operational reporting, monitoring to ensure high level of compliance and efficiency.
- Provide efficient and effective service to the sourcing team as it relates to key approval processes and compliance guidance.
- Leverage influencing skills to establish compliance boundaries, education opportunities and collaboration as the SME for the team.
- Lead key centralized processes including NDA processing, financial reviews, clear contract data/hierarchy and routing of requisitions to sourcing team members.
- Continuous improvement champion by setting process baselines, gathering trends and utilizing CI methods to create and execute a plan for improvement.
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in strategic sourcing, sales or supply chain in an operations capacity.
- Proficiency in workflow applications and contract mgmt. tools as well as an understanding of impacts to sourcing and cross functional teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of stakeholders and business partners.
- Demonstrated presentation, influencing, and collaboration skills in an agile environment.
- Ability to effectively navigate and lead others to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs