For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for an individual to work within our Styling Team in San Francisco, CA. We are seeking a talented and motivated Stylist Assistant with meticulous attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This role reports into a Brand Stylist and will be assisting at every step of the marketing styling process from sample pass off, to completion of photoshoots. The ideal candidate will have strong time management skills, exceptional organizational sense, and is eager to learn our styling aesthetic to ensure the integrity of our Brand.
What You'll Do
- Assist Stylists on various photo sets, which can include various levels of Studio and/or location shoots for both Women and Girl
- The role collaborates with cross-functional partners from the Sample Room, Marketing, Production, Merchandising, Art Direction, Photography, and Web teams
- Responsible for all pre-shoot preparation (hang, steam, organize, packing, etc.)
- Sample management on/off set (sample tracking and tag organization, dressing models, communicate shot/product info to digital techs and other assistants, etc.)
- Responsible for creating stylesheets during style outs, which include vital shoot information
- Responsible for taking notes in styling kick off meetings and reviews that pertain to outfitting and product information
- Will work closely with the other Stylist Assistant on all in office projects and to keep the styling studio organized
- Unpackeorganize product after shoots (interoffice returns, prop returns, laundry, retagging.)
- Co-Maintain and take ownership of prop catalog database
- Work as a team with freelance assistants periodically on large seasonal projects
- Act as support for the full styling team
- Maintain styling kits as needed
- Seasonally pull relative inspiration swipe/mood-boards for Styling team meetings
Who You Are
- General knowledge of Microsoft office
- Pro-active and able to show initiative when working through creative and logistical problems
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build cross functional relationships
- Exceptional work ethic, strong organizational skills, and sense of urgency
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities
- Openness to learn new skills and welcome constructive feedback
- Ability to transport, maneuver and physically move samples 45lbs or more
- General fashion and style knowledge with interest in Athletic Fashion
- Preferred experience with: Keynote, Airtable, and Miro
- 1 year + Assistant styling experience
- College education is preferred
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs