About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Supply Chain Advanced Analytics team is chartered with driving revenue and profit growth opportunities for Gap’s online business through the development and implementation of predictive models and profit maximizing analytical processes.
Some key strategic projects in the Supply Chain Advanced Analytics space are: Omni-channel network optimization, sourcing optimization, returns optimization, new fulfillment strategies, network simulations, and inventory positioning models.
This position will interact with a variety of functions across the business including Brands, Strategy, Product Management, IT, Operations, Finance, Business Intelligence and Project Management.
What You'll Do
- Understand the sources of key data structures and their multi-dimensional inter-relationships
- Build, validate, and maintain Operations Research (OR), Simulation and AI (Machine Learning (ML) /Deep Learning) models
- Develop frameworks/methodologies/metrics for performance measurement and feedback mechanism for above models
- Provide thought leadership in analytics and modeling
- Provide quantitative research and analysis for identifying new business opportunities
- Synthesize findings as meaningful, actionable insights, and assist in preparing presentations for all levels of management
- Collaborate with other team members, business partners and stakeholders as necessary
- Be accountable for the documentation of supply chain process design opportunities
- Responsible for productizing models and algorithms, defining their success criteria and measuring product adoption
Who You Are
- Proficiency in Python, R, and/or other common programming/scripting languages
- Expertise in areas of optimization, statistics and/or machine learning, and a track record of creating business impact with these techniques
- Heavy experience in use of Excel, SQL, and other data querying and handling tools
- Exceptional quantitative skills with expertise in data manipulation and transformation
- Strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with considerable ambiguity
- Ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to collaborate in cross functional teams and build strong working relationships with a broad cross section of business partners
- Ability to communicate difficult concepts in a simple manner
- Strong listening, oral and written skills
- B.S. or M.S. in Supply Chain, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Math, or related field
- 1+ years of total work experience in Data Science
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs