About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Change Management Center of Excellence team is part of the Digital Transformation Office (DTO). The Digital Transformation Office leads business technology change for Gap Inc’s digital modernization multi-year transformational journey.
The Manager – Business Process within the DTO Organizational Transformation & Change Management Center of Excellence will focus on guiding and advising Brand Business Transformation teams to capture as-is business processes, devise process transformation strategy and objectives, and envision and document future state business processes in support of strategic digital transformation programs.
Their primary responsibility will be working independently or leading teams to facilitate business process design sessions using industry-leading business process strategies, tools, processes, and programs, coordinating with Brand Business Transformation teams to review and refine outputs, formalizing, finalizing and delivering business process maps, and defining and documenting key changes between as-is and to-be processes to support subsequent change management activities.
This role will fall under the Organizational Transformation & Change Management Center of Excellence within the DTO. It will help inform change management strategy and implementation across multiple projects and geographies at a time. Key stakeholders include Product Management, Business Leaders across Production & Design, Creative & Marketing, Digital Operations & Production, central Digital teams, Data & Analytics, Learning & Development, and GapTech.
To be effective in this role, a candidate must possess business process design skills, have proven experience as a leader and strategic thinker in the business process design space, have strong in-person and virtual facilitation experience, and exemplify effective communication, facilitation, and planning skills. Foundational knowledge of organizational design and organizational change management (i.e., Prosci Change Management certification/familiarity) is preferred.
What You'll Do
- Oversees, develops and executes comprehensive business process design strategies for organizational transformation initiatives across our digital space. This includes deliverables such as: current and future state business/functional analysis, current and future state process maps/flows and heat maps, process value and risk callouts, key performance indicator definition and refinement, and business process change impact analysis.
- Delivers against business and project priorities; ensures clear communication of project scope, timing, prioritization, resources needed, and progress on an ongoing basis.
- Applies knowledge of process design and transformation to discover and analyze business processes.
- Organizes and facilitates business process design workshops with Gap, Inc brands and process stakeholders to understand business processes, request data, and identify key performance metrics.
- Document current and future state process maps, workflows, and business rules.
- Identifies process inefficiencies, pain points and busines challenges to deliver strategic insights and develops and tests recommendations for future state processes.
- Interfaces with all levels of management and leadership. Works as coach and internal business process consultant to project sponsors, senior leadership and directors, and project teams.
- Cultivates partnership, idea sharing, active listening and advocacy with peers (business leaders, product management, and stakeholders), facilitating new connections and relationship building.
- Results oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency and accountability to drive projects to successful adoption; critical thinker who can anticipate roadblocks, develop mitigation strategies and proactively address.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university with 4+ years experience in business process design/management and/or continuous process improvement
- A process design Subject Matter Expert (SME) with strong working knowledge of business processes, leading capabilities, practices, and tools
- Knowledge of business process modelling notations for documenting processes
- Experience applying insights from data analysis, stakeholder inputs, and industry best practices to transform processes to meet business objectives
- Design Thinking and/or ‘clean sheet’ process design experience.
- Certification(s) in process modeling, e.g., IBM BPM Analyst, ARIS Business Process Modelling and/or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification preferred.
- Ability to understand stakeholders/end users across multiple functions, geographic locations and countries.
- Strong collaborator and communicator.
- Ability to anticipate obstacles, offer solutions, identify resources, build relationships and influence others to move toward a common vision or goal.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs