About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Manager, eCommerce Performance Analysis on the User Behavior Insights & Analysis arm of our team. This role will be primarily focused on executing the day-to-day production of ecommerce funnel insights, performance analysis/insights, and feature interaction analysis/insights supporting the product management, user experience, and continuous optimization teams working on our portfolio of brands (GAP, Old Navy, Athleta, and Banana Republic). The role will specifically focus a significant portion of time on Buy/Checkout. You will also partner with the Sr. Manager, eCommerce Performance Analysis on ideating and enacting the strategic direction of the team and will have the chance to assist with leading the team. You will participate in proactive insights generation and will respond to ad-hoc requests for insights. As a member of the broader eCommerce Performance Analytics team, you will help to drive significant improvements in ecommerce revenue & profitability by using existing toolsets to deeply interrogate metrics and transform data to insights; you’ll champion and exploit insights through cross-functional partnership, trust, collaboration, and creative storytelling.
What You'll Do
- Leverage tools such as Adobe Analytics, FullStory, and Medallia to surface insights and drive optimization and value for our PDM/UX/Continuous Optimization partners (and others).
- Transform clickstream data trends and anomalies into a clear story to be presented to key stakeholders using PowerPoint, Adobe Workspaces, PowerBI and other tools to creatively present the story of how visitors transit and interact with our digital properties.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from brands and other partners for insights, dashboards, and data.
- Attend and contribute to brand commercial meetings, project roadmap meetings, and other planning meetings.
- Partner with other cross-functional stakeholders, such as other analytics teams, to support cross-team sharing of capabilities, subject-matter expertise, and insights; facilitate trainings and become a trusted subject-matter expert for your team and others.
- Partner with other team members to maintain internal communications and Sharepoint/Confluence sites for our team, and maintain measurement methodology and tracking for value added from insights.
- Partner with the Sr Manager to ideate the strategic direction of the team to deliver both proactive and ad-hoc insights, and assist Sr Manager with managing the day-to-day process of proactive insights generation and data storytelling.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or MBA preferred.
- Hands-on experience with ecommerce analytics tools, specifically Adobe Analytics; experience with heatmapping and behavioral analytics tools (ContentSquare or similar), digital voice-of-customer tools (Medallia or similar), and SQL is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, with an outstanding ability to transform data to insights through creative storytelling, leveraging both deductive and inductive arguments.
- Experience in product management, user experience, and/or analyzing navigation, search, and page interactions/optimizations.
- Strong experience with Microsoft powerpoint/Think-Cell, Microsoft excel and data visualization tools, such as PowerBI.
- 4+ years of ecommerce experience, preferably in a multi-brand retail environment.
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs