About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Marketing Operations is a centralized direct marketing function responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of a high volume of customer contacts via email with flawless execution. Specifically, the Associate Manager is both the customer expert translating business needs into segmentation strategies and the operations expert executing customer targeting in conjunction with our email services provider. This role supports the Manager in ownership of the day to day relationships and execution of email for Gap Inc.’s brands and businesses.
The ideal candidate for the Associate Manager position will be a subject matter expert in email marketing and customer segmentation, have excellent analytical and communication skills, have intellectual curiosity into “why things work” and be a proponent for change as we look to drive our email program forward. The individual should be self-motivated, independent and be able to balance a workload that consists of ongoing, repetitive campaign process development as well as file management, growth initiatives and system improvements.
As the owners of the customer file and segmentation strategies, the team works closely with the individual brand online marketing teams who manage the execution of the creative and messaging. The successful candidate must be a strong communicator, able to understand data and work collaboratively with business partners to implement cutting edge strategies to meet business objectives.
This role is based out of the San Francisco office. Currently, job duties are being performed remotely. However, the Company may in the future require you/this role to be in the office on a full-time or part-time basis. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Deliver high volume of customer campaign files to support financial objectives
- Become the subject matter expert of our campaign management system and the data that drives customer segmentation
- Manage campaign test programs in support of learning and financial objectives
- Optimize and execute campaign functionality and processes as required to support new programs and initiatives
- Work with brand business partners to recommend circulation planning and segmentation for email
- Stay in the forefront of email marketing research and strategies and actively share out with business partners
- Manage day to day operations including ESP campaign team and brand team relationship management
- Manage email data issues and process improvements
- Work with database management team and email service provider on specifications and development of campaign functionality
- Track, analyze, and report results of email file and marketing initiatives and deliverability directly from within email platform – SFMC experience preferred
Who You Are
- 3-5 years experience in email marketing
- In-depth knowledge of email marketing and best practices, preferably with retail and/or e-commerce
- Experience with segmentation strategies and campaign management systems. Redpoint experience a plus
- Experience with campaign execution from within an email deployment platform. Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, high priority projects – identifying creative solutions
- Strong analytical thinking, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Organized and proactive with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs